Just 3 ingredients required
Yep, you read that right! All you need is:
- Heavy whipping cream
- Semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate
Note: You’ll have the best and most delicious results with quality chocolate, but any kind of chocolate should work fine.
How to Make these Easy Parfaits
- Crush cookies. Crush cookies in a ziplock bag until they are completely broken up. You should have some crumbs and some larger pieces.
- Melt chocolate. Add chocolate and ¼ cup of heavy cream in a bowl and place over a pot of simmering water (or use a double boiler) and melt until completely smooth, stirring often. Set aside to cool until no longer warm.
- Beat whipping cream. Whip remaining heavy cream to medium peaks with an electric mixer.
- Fold together. Add whipped cream to cooled melted chocolate in 2-3 additions, gently folding the whipped cream into the chocolate. (Here’s a helpful little video on how to “fold” ingredients.)
- Assemble parfaits. Layer crushed cookies and chocolate whipped cream into individual glasses. I usually get 3 layers of each into one 8oz glass.
Note: You can also assemble this dessert into 1 large bowl or pan if you don’t want individual servings.